- Bike Registration
- Campus Parking Map
- Campus Map (Interactive)
- Disability Parking
- How to Avoid Parking Tickets
- Monroe St. Garage
- Motorist Assistance
- Park Mobile
- Permit rate and refund schedule
- Purchase A Permit
- Special Events Parking
- Visitor Parking
- Parking Rules and Regulations
- Parking Questions and Answers
- Parking Lot Contruction
- Appeal A Citation
- Manage Parking Account
- OrangeRide Bike Rental
- Visitor Parking
- Bike Permit and Safety
- ZipCar Sharing
- Video Tutorials
- Press Releases
- Contact Us
ADA Paratransit eligible individuals are:
Individuals who cannot independently board, ride, or disembark a fixed route accessible (lift-equipped) vehicle. This includes persons who cannot determine where to get on or off a fixed route.
Individuals with a specific impairment related condition which prevents them from getting to or from a boarding location or disembarking from such location.
How to Apply for Paratransit Services
1. Call 744-7116 or 744-2832 (voice/tdd) to obtain an application form. You may also download the form from HERE or pick one up from the OSU Parking and Transit Services office located in the Multi-modal Transportation Terminal at 1006 W. Hall of Fame.
2. Read the instructions and fill out every question to the best of your ability.
3. Send the completed application to:
Oklahoma State University
Student Disability Services/ADA Compliance
315 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078>
The OSU Student Disability Services Office determines eligibility for Paratransit services utilizing the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act. An individual must complete an application and return it to this office. The interview process may include a physical or cognitive assessment by a mobility counselor.
Eligibility determinations will be made on an individual basis. There are three types of eligibility:
1. Unconditional eligibility – an individual is eligible for Paratransit service, and may use the service without restriction
2. Conditional eligibility – an individual is eligible for Paratransit service under certain conditions, and may be limited for service by those restrictions (i.e. eligible during high temperature conditions, traffic conditions, etc.).
3. Transitional eligibility – an individual is eligible for Paratransit service on a temporary basis, such as while recuperating after a surgery. The length of time varies depending on medical necessity.
Applicants will be notified of their eligibility determinations upon completion of the application process. If you have any questions, call the OSU Student Disability Services Office at 744-7116 (v/t).
Oklahoma State University, in compliance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 as amended, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Higher Education Act), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, or status as a veteran, in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This provision includes, but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The Director of Equal Opportunity, 408 Whitehurst, OSU, Stillwater, OK 74078-1035; Phone 405-744-5371; email: eeo.okstate.eduhas been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Any person (student, faculty, or staff) who believes that discriminatory practices have been engaged in based on gender may discuss his or her concerns and file informal or formal complaints of possible violations of Title IX with OSU’s Title IX Coordinator 405-744-9154.
Animals are not permitted on the Transit Buses unless they are secured in an approved pet carrier. Service animals, as defined by current Federal Transit Administration Regulations, are permitted. Service dogs must remain in harness and while on the Paratransit vehicle and under control of the owner at all times. Service animals must remain on the floor without blocking the aisle or on their owner's lap. For more information, please refer to http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm.
Please review eeo.okstate.edu and contact the Director of Equal Opportunity, 408 Whitehurst at 405-744-9154 for information concerning unlawful discrimination and inquiries regarding OSU compliance with equal opportunity or affirmative action.