Accidents and Citations

Q:  What happens if I get a speeding ticket in a Motor Pool vehicle?
A:  The person who received the ticket is responsible for paying it.

Q:  What do I need to do if I'm involved in an accident?
A:  Immediately, no matter how insignificant you might feel the accident to be, call the local police or highway patrol for an accident investigation. An investigation will help to protect you and the University in the event of a liability claim. Do not make any statements of guilt or innocence and follow the instructions on the accident report form in the vehicle glove box. Call the University Transportation Services collect and inform the staff about the accident. If the vehicle is disabled, you can give directions to your location so that another vehicle can be sent to you for trip continuation. On completion of your trip, you must make an accident report to the Risk Manager at 204 Whitehurst.

Oklahoma State University, in compliance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 as amended, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Higher Education Act), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, or status as a veteran, in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This provision includes, but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The Director of Equal Opportunity, 408 Whitehurst, OSU, Stillwater, OK 74078-1035; Phone 405-744-5371; email: eeo.okstate.eduhas been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Any person (student, faculty, or staff) who believes that discriminatory practices have been engaged in based on gender may discuss his or her concerns and file informal or formal complaints of possible violations of Title IX with OSU’s Title IX Coordinator 405-744-9154.

Animals are not permitted on the Transit Buses unless they are secured in an approved pet carrier. Service animals, as defined by current Federal Transit Administration Regulations, are permitted. Service dogs must remain in harness and while on the Paratransit vehicle and under control of the owner at all times.  Service animals must remain on the floor without blocking the aisle or on their owner's lap.  For more information, please refer to

Please review and contact the Director of Equal Opportunity, 408 Whitehurst at 405-744-9154 for information concerning unlawful discrimination and inquiries regarding OSU compliance with equal opportunity or affirmative action.